Community Sports Groups and Physical Education Opportunities
Many community sports organizations and physical education opportunities are available to homeschool students to participate in the Bloomington/Normal area. This list is not comprehensive, but does represent a good sampling of the available organizations.
- - Indicates good options for daytime classes/activities.
- Home School Sports Net (HSPN)...A home school sports support organization for teams nationwide
- Bloomington Normal Baseball Association (BNBA)...Recreational & travel baseball for youth 5-18 years old
- Bloomington Normal Girls Softball Association...Girls Softball for ages 7-19, in-town and travel teams
- McLean County PONY Baseball...Recreational & travel baseball for youth 5-19 years old
- Heyen Hoops
- ISU Bowling and Billiards Center
- Pheasant Lanes...Bowling, Arcade, Mini-Golf, Sand Volleyball, and more
- Twin City Lanes
- Bloomington-Normal Disc Golf Club...Youth and adult
Gymnastics, Tumbling, and Cheer
- Gymnastics Etc. and Lions Cheer Company
- Rising Stars Academy...Check out the Homeschool Physical Education Daytime Class...Daytime classes for children ages 5 through teen, regardless of past experience. This class will be held in the main gym with spring floors, trampolines, tumble trak, balance beams, bars, and much more! Need 6 students enrolled for class to be held. Homeschool families may need to coordinate with each other for a class to form.
- Technique Tumbling and Cheer Prep...Classes and open gym for girls and boys. Visit their Facebook page for special classes and clinics.
- The Cheer Spot-Mackinaw / Mackinaw Performance Athletics...Cheer, Tumble, Fitness
- The Jump Spot...As of Fall 2022, Open Gym is available on Friday mornings from 9:00-11:00.
- McLean County Youth Hockey Association (MCYHA) Sharks...High school hockey team
- Pepsi Ice Center...Skating lessons available; see website for details. Open skating available daily.
- B-N Warriors...Boys and girls teams for youth in 4th grade through high school
- Coffrin's ATA Martial Arts.
- Infinity Martial Arts.
- Walker's Tae Kwon Do...Family classes for youth and adults.
- The Proving Ground
- Upper Limits Indoor Rock Gym & Pro Shop... Currently, there are no homeschool classes scheduled. However, Upper Limits is willing to work with homeschool groups to offer programming that meets their needs. A flyer is available detailing more information about the rock climbing opportunities that have been offered in the past, and they are open to suggestions for new activities as well. If you have an interested group of students, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (309) 829-8255 in order to get a class set up.
- FC Central Illinois
- Prairie Cities Soccer League
- Bloomington Normal Swim Club (BNSC)
- Four Seasons
- Funky Fish Swim Club
- Happy Splashes Swim School & Marlins Swim Team
- Rob Knight's Swim America at Four Seasons
- YMCA Swim School
- YMCA WAVES Swim Team
Tackle Football and Cheer
- B-N Fighting Irish
- Bloomington Cardinals
- Bloomington Knockers
- Bloomington-Normal Cougars JFL
- Twin City Tigers
- Bloomington Tennis & Turf
- Evergreen Racquet Club
Track & Field/Running
- AdkinsTrak Track Club...Track and field training and competition at IWU for youth ages 4-18
- Central Illinois Track Club...An age-group United States Track and Field Association youth club
- Flying Dragons Pole Vault Club...Summer and school year pole vault training and competition for ages 10 to adult
- Lake Run Club...All ages and abilities
- Altitude Trampoline Park...As of Fall 2022, Homeschool Jump is offered Monday-Friday from 10 am - 1 pm for $19.99 per person. Not valid with any other offer or on days when public school is not in session. Tickets must be purchased at the park; offer is not available online. Does not include Altitude Trampoline socks. Monthly memberships are also available. See the full details for the homeschool program here: Passes For Every Occasion.
- Bloomington Tennis & Turf...Tennis, Turf Rental, Pickelball, Golf Simulator
- Bloomington Parks & Recreation...Baseball, basketball, dance, golf, ice hockey, ice skating, martial arts, swimming, tennis
- Iron Coyote Challenge Park...As of Fall 2022, Iron Coyote offers daytime homeschool ninja classes and access.
- Normal Parks & Recreation...Basketball, baseball, golf, gymnastics, swimming, tennis, triathlon
- The Next Step Dance Studio...Dance, Cheerleading, Gymnastics, Tumbling
- Upwards Sports...Basketball (registration begins Aug./practices begin in Dec./games played in Jan.-Mar.), cheerleading, flag football
- YMCA...Basketball, soccer, swimming; Home school swim & gym classes
- Illini Elite Volleyball...Competitive club volleyball
If you have a suggestion to share for community sports organizations, email a description and contact info and we'll post it here.