Community Sports Groups
Many community sports organizations are available to homeschool students to participate in the Bloomington/Normal area. This list is not comprehensive, but does represent a good sampling of the available organizations.
- Home School Sports Net (HSPN)...A home school sports support organization for teams nationwide
- Bloomington Normal Baseball Association (BNBA)...Recreational & travel baseball for youth 5-18 years old
- Bloomington Normal Girls Softball Association...Girls Softball for ages 7-19, in-town and travel teams
- McLean County PONY Baseball...Recreational & travel baseball for youth 5-19 years old
- Bloomington-Normal Disc Golf Club...Youth and adult
- Rising Stars Academy...Instruction & coaching for children of all ages and abilities in gymnastics, tumbling, trampoline, and cheerleading skills. A wide array of recreational, preparatory, and competitive team classes.
- Homeschool Physical Education Daytime Class...For all children ages 5 through teen regardless of past experience. This class will be held in our main gym with our spring floors, trampolines, tumble trak, balance beams, bars, and much more.
- McLean County Youth Hockey Association (MCYHA) Sharks...High school hockey team
- B-N Warriors...Boys and girls teams for youth in 4th grade through high school
- Kaizen Family Martial Arts and Fitness Center (Eureka, IL)...A variety of martial arts, physical fitness and self-defense classes for students and families.
- Kim's Taekwondo (Landmark mall, Normal, IL)...All are welcome. Morning classes are currently offered for homeschooling families.
- Walker's Tae Kwon Do (Bloomington, IL)...Family classes for youth and adults.
- Upper Limits Indoor Rock Gym & Pro Shop (Bloomington, IL)... Currently, there are no homeschool classes scheduled. However, Upper Limits is willing to work with homeschool groups to offer programming that meets their needs. A flyer is available detailing more information about the rock climbing opportunities that have been offered in the past, and they are open to suggestions for new activities as well. If you have a interested group of students, please feel free to contact Heather Fegan by email or at (309) 829-8255 in order to get a class set up.
- Twin City Tornados...High school boys team
- Illinois Fusion Soccer
- Midwest Reign Soccer Club
- Prairie Cities Soccer League
- Bloomington Normal Swim Club
- Four Seasons
- Happy Splashes
- Redbird Swim Club
- Swim America
- B-N Mustangs
- B-N Fighting Irish
- Bloomington Cardinals
- Bloomington Knockers
- McLean County Cougars
- Twin City Bulldogs
- Twin City Tigers
- B-N Black Knights
- Evergreen Racquet Club
Track & Field/Running
- Flying Dragons Pole Vault Club...Summer and school year pole vault training and competition for ages 10 to adult
- Heart of Illinois Titans Track Club...Track and field training and competition at IWU for youth ages 4-18
- Lake Run Club...All ages and abilities
- Bloomington Parks & Recreation...Baseball, basketball, dance, golf, ice hockey, ice skating, martial arts, swimming, tennis
- Game Time Gym II...Basketball, flag football, soccer, volleyball leagues--Join a team or form your own
- Normal Parks & Recreation...Basketball, baseball, golf, gymnastics, swimming, tennis, triathlon
- The Next Step Dance Studio...Dance, Cheerleading, Gymnastics, Tumbling
- Upwards Sports...Basketball (registration begins Aug./practices begin in Dec./games played in Jan.-Mar.), cheerleading, flag football
- Victory Academy...Cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, Taekwondo, tumbling
- YMCA...Basketball, soccer, swimming; Home school swim & gym classes
- Illini Elite Volleyball...Competitive club volleyball
If you have a suggestion to share for community sports organizations, email a description and contact info and we'll post it here.